ESC!Webs Blogitorials

Saturday, June 25, 2005

"Mike you rock..."

It's not often, at age 38, I get to hear those words -- and as my 5 going on 6 year old daughter ages I'll hear it less and less, only to be replaced with eye-rolling -- but I read just that only a few moments ago. Let me explain....

Earlier this evening I was reading one of my favorite blogs, "The Sneeze", and his post today asked the simple question: "Open up your iTunes and take a look at the "Top 25 Most Played" playlist. What's the #1 song, and more importantly how many times have you relentlessly put it in your ears?"

My answer was that I more often listened to tunes on my iPod but if I opened up iTunes and checked the Top 25 list I have the following as my Top 5:

1. Goodbye Baby Blue - Ray Wilson
2. 15 Beers Ago - Deaf Pedestrians
3. Girl U Want - Devo (Tank Girl Soundtrack)
4. Gotta Get Up from Here - Ellie Lawson
5. If I Can Dream - Elvis Presley

By chance I went back to the page later in the evening and found that "someone" (the handle they used to post) said:

"And Mike you rock one of my close friends is the daughter of one of the members of deaf pedestrians."

As I said, finding out that I still "rock" at my age is a great way to end the evening. Thanks "someone" for making my day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home