ESC!Webs Blogitorials

Friday, April 22, 2005

Final Edits

Just printed out the second proof copy of the April 2005 edition of ESC! Magazine today. Release Candidate 2 for you software geeks...

To get to this point, I singled out and corrected over 190 individual errors throughout the issue in proof #1. Things like errant apostrophes, commmas and spelling errors are the things that get whacked at this stage.

Now with proof #2, I expect to make corrections to line spacing and other visual aspects of the issue and, when that's complete, I'll move on to my Final Proof to just give everything a final skunk eye before releasing it on Monday.

Somewhere in there I'll be tweaking the contributor bios and the editorial but, frankly, I know that if there are problems in either of those it won't be quite as critcal as an error in someone else's short story or poem.

In a bit of disappointing news, I'm sorry to report that, due to timing conflicts, "Vex" will not appear in this issue after all. I hope to be able to welcome Paul and his creation back for the fall issue.

For those of you wondering, the transition to InDesign is going quite well. Overall, I have to say that I'm very pleased with the product and all the newfound capabilities it has afforded me.

Next stop: Release Day! Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home