ESC!Webs Blogitorials

Thursday, March 17, 2005

On Creating the Cover

So here we are just about one month before the next issue of ESC! Magazine hits the net and I've already got the cover! I know! I know! Amazing isn't it? Most of the time I'm scrambling the week before the issue is due to find something appropriate, but somehow the fates have stepped in and brought a cover image to me.

The artist, Claudio Parentela, is an illustrator and cartoonist from Italy who is very active in the underground scene of zines and comics. His works have appeared in such diverse publications as BGA Comix, Kerosene, Krimson Leer, Phony Lid Publications, Topaz, Entmoot and Pssst zine as well as many others.

I look forward to sharing his work with the readers of ESC! and invite you to check out his other works at http://www.artbabyart.com/parentela.htm. In addition, I've found an interview with Claudio at the Lummox Press/Journal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home