ESC!Webs Blogitorials

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The End Is Nigh....

Fair warning to all those who believe the dinosaurs never walked the earth or that man is not descended from apes...

... I have seen our future -- and it was a gorilla disguised in human attire jaywalking Canal Street this morning.

I must admit with his dress shirt and tie -- his "monkey suit!" Ha! Ha, ha, ha! *ahem* -- I almost mistook him (it was a man's shirt after all) for someone who decided to let it all hang loose and grow out his beard for the crazy days of summer. But, no, it was definitely a gorilla, the proof coming when I nearly tripped over his box of Chiquita bananas left carelessly on the sidewalk - I kid you not!

(Perhaps, in retrospect, the bananas were left as payment for the meter.)

Further, apparently casting off all vestiges of "ape-kind," I noted the ape discarded a partial -- partially devoured? -- box of bananas in the garbage at the next street corner.

Obviously my close encounter this morning begs a few questions:

What is this ape's purpose?

Where did he come from?

What does he want?

Will we soon find our planet overrun by apes and monkeys ala "Planet of the Apes?"

Will I be glad I work "north of the river" away from the hustle, bustle and ape-slaughter-against-man about to happen in the midst of Chicago's "Loop?"

And, perhaps most importantly ...

Why did I not do a double-take as I passed a gorilla jaywalking Canal Street this morning?

2 Comments:

  • Ok, you've really got to start getting more than 5 hours sleep each night. You are starting to hallucinate.

    By Blogger Janet, at 9:34 PM  

  • Why did I not do a double-take as I passed a gorilla jaywalking Canal Street this morning?

    uhhhh, yeah, indeed. but then I knew you were one of the crazies (i.e. the only people worth getting to know, lol) when I met you: nothing is "odd" to those of us who are a tad off the beam! so carry on my good man. hmmm, there could be a book in these amusing little blogs of yours...

    By Blogger Monica E. Smith, at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home